My new short play, Streaming, is getting its first outing at Rough Draught Playwrights Theatrical Playground Tuesday, August 23rd! The latest installment in a suite of seven short works focusing on aging created jointly with fiber artist Vicky Kelly (my mom), this is a fun take on technology, generational differences, and relationships:
Maymay has fully embraced the technological age and infuses her daily life with on-line cooking lessons, texts, Facebook posts and tweets. Lucy, her twelve-year old granddaughter, isn't so sure about what this means for their relationship as she navigates the difficulties of friendship, love, and identity in this vignette about coming of age in a time of change.
Directed by Susan Lyles, two fabulous actors, Erica Borillo and Mary Higgins, will be bringing these characters to life...and that in itself is something to see.
- Date & Time: Tuesday, August 23, 7:00 p.m.
- Place: The Walnut Room, 3131 Walnut Street, Denver
- Cover Charge: $5, CASH ONLY (please bring i.d.)
- Food & Drink: The Walnut Room is a full service bar & restaurant, so come early to enjoy a great meal in good company. Make sure your server knows you're there for RDP.
- Parking: Parking lot next to building and free street parking
Hope you can come out and play!